Thursday 1 December 2016

Robbers robbed and stoled goods worth over N19million in Alaba, Lagos

The police in Lagos State arrested a robbery gang who broke into a shop in Alaba International Market by pouring acid on the padlocks of the shop to destroy them. Tona who was caught while trying to sell the stolen goods led the detectives under the Lagos State Commissioner of Police X-Squad to 26 year old Tochukwu, who is the gang coordinator. According to sources 100 cartons of bulbs out of 427 were recovered so far.

it was reported that Tochukwu Akorisa, Ndubuise Egwuatuonwu, Ifeanyi Eze and Aboi Rufus were arrested following the arrest of one Tona Nwenyi, who allegedly bought some of the goods they stole. They reportedly stole 427 cartons of electric bulbs valued at about N19.1million from the warehouse they attacked.

Tochukwu who did not deny the crime said that he needed the money to treat his sick mother.
“I load goods in the market. But the money I earned was not enough for me to take care of my sick mother. I led the operation. We used acid to break the padlock of the warehouse. We went around 9.30pm on that day.” He said
The second suspect Ndubuise, noted that it was Tochukwu who facilitated sales of the stolen goods and although he had not received anything yet, he was promised N250,000 from the deal.

The other suspect Rufus said; “This is my first time. My house rent has expired and I had been living with my friends. I want to rent an apartment. I was thinking of how to get money when Tochukwu (Akorisa) suggested that we rob the warehouse. We stole only 150 cartons of bulbs.”

Chinwomba and Eme who were arrested by the detectives said they bought 30 and 15 cartons respectively. Chinwomba noted that he paid for 15 cartons, but didn’t know the items were stolen.

SP Dolapo Badmos, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, said that the police are currently in search of other suspects who fled.

No comments:

Post a Comment